If the fridge includes a water european mail order wife and ice dispenser function, and even simply an installed ice manufacturer, a water supply valve is needed to get a handle on the water getting into the applying. The supply valve is normally situated in the bottom backside regarding the ice box behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply usually travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is a component that is electrically-control inlet and socket water ports and something or higher solenoids.
whenever signaled by a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water via a water that is optional into the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. As time passes, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can build-up into the valve producing an obstruction, causing the ice manufacturer not able to produce ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser once the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves can not be effortlessly washed or fixed, a malfunctioning valve should be changed with a brand new one.
Just how to change a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut from the water supply towards the fridge.
- Pull the ice box from the wall.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the low back access panel. Bear in mind, you may have to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming from the inlet valve slot before you completely take away the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming from the water supply valve inlet slot for those who havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting dish or bracket through the ice box framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be equipped for some water to spill.
- If required, eliminate the old water supply valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the water that is new valve by aligning it from the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely insert the hose or hoses to the socket ports and, if needed, slip in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter into the terminals that are solenoid.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket from the ice box frame and thread the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it with all the screws.
- Connect the incoming water line to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Move the ice box straight back up against the wall.
- Turn the water supply straight straight straight back on.
- Plug the refrigeratorвЂ™s power cord back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to verify the brand new supply valve is working precisely and there are not any leakages.
Discover the water that is right valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will change with respect to the fridge model, it is crucial to recognize the valve that is exact fits your ice box. To achieve this, go into the complete model quantity of the applying into the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter in the left side associated with web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll would you like to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.
Comments are closed.